San Diego is an incredible city with lots to discover. The goal of this site is to help you find memorable places to visit and things to do in San Diego County that are a little off the beaten path. Our hope is that when you come to our city you will find great things to do that get you away from the hotel and past The San Diego Zoo.
If you love local establishments, unique coffee bars, dive bars, mom and pop shops, and must-visit restaurants then this site is for you.
If you are looking for reviews on tourist destinations, restaurant chains, hotels, and the easy to find stuff that makes San Diego great then this site probably isn’t for you.
What we are…
- Local tourists! How could you not be a fan of this place?
- Sensible. We’re not frugal, but we’re also not the type to run up a huge bar tab either.
- Fun-loving. Since we’ve got real jobs, we’re doing this for fun!
- Honest. We won’t review a place we’ve not been to. Nor do we publish things from people we don’t know.
What we aren’t…
- Food snobs and wine snobs. We’re going to assume that you’re normal people looking for stuff that local residents like to do.
- Fans of tourist traps. While San Diego isn’t known for tourist traps, we’re going to assume that if you want something touristy you won’t need us. There are likely plenty of brochures in the lobby of any hotel you stay at.
- The Chamber of Commerce. Nothing on this site is a paid review. What you see is what you get, independent and plain looks at unique things to do in San Diego County.